Notice

All of these patterns belong to me. They are here for your personal use, but please do not post them to other websites. Instead, link back to them.

Notice

If you make any of these items to sell, you cannot claim the design as your own. You can claim that you handmade the item, but you must credit me, Julie Hicks, as the designer.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

KopyKat Sea of Tranquility

Since none of the feather and fan patterns I ran across online were written right I decided to sit down with some yarn and needles and come up with my own. It's very similar to the Feather and Fan Dishcloth. The only differences are I fixed Row 6 of the pattern and added a couple of more knit rows after that because that's the way I remember the one I had. I know it's not an exact copy of the one I had, which is why I'm calling it KopyKat.
******************************************
Materials: I used Bernat Softee Baby and size 10½ straight needles

Note: If you make an afghan using this pattern then use a circular needle.
Note: Slip the first st of each row for a nicer edge.

Cast on a multiple of 18 sts + 6 more-I cast on 78 and am making a wrap.

K 6 rows for garter st border.

Now do pattern as follows:

Row 1: K
Row 2: K 3, P to last 3, K 3
Row 3: K3, (K2tog) 3 times, *(YO, K1) 6 times, (K2tog) 6 times, rep from * to last 9 sts, K(2tog) 3 times, K 2
Rows 4-6: K

Repeat these 6 rows for pattern until your project is desired size, end by working Row 3.
K 6 rows for garter st border and BO in K.

Work in any loose ends.

Abbreviations used:

CO: Cast On
BO: Bind Off
K: Knit
P: Purl
YO: Yarn Over
K2tog: Knit 2 together
st: Stitch
*****************************************
This pattern has not been tested with anyone other than myself so if you try it and find a problem, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a picture of the completed afghan. From Iowa

Yvonne said...

I just knit a preemie using "Old Shale" pattern. Is this the same one? Don't understand "fixing" row 6.